Happy Thanksgiving week! This is one of my favorite holidays! I enjoy nothing more than spending time with friends and family, eating good food and making memories, but you guys already know that! We chatted last week about Avon Prime Meats, I am back this week to share an easy dinner recipe with some goodies from their shop!
Homemade Mac + Cheese and Maple Bourbon Steak Tips
Ingredients: Homemade Mac and Cheese
- 2 blocks of Raclette cheese
- 1 block sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of Italian Harvest Lanterne Organic pasta
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients: Steak Tips
- ½ pound per adult – we got Maple Bourbon (pairs well with Mac + Cheese for a delicious homemade meal)
TIP: We used a grilling mat to keep the steaks as moist as possible!
Directions: Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Prepare the cheese by cutting it into 1 inch slices (easier for melting)
- On stovetop heat a large sauce pan on medium
- Add in the milk and butter to saucepan – stir until both are melted and combined
- Add in cheese and cover the pan, stir occasionally until all ingredients are combined
- Once the cheese has melted, add the flour a pinch at a time until the sauce becomes your desired thickness
- Turn heat to low and cover the pan
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta (we like ours al dente!)
- Once pasta is finished, strain it and add in sauce mixture
- Pour mixed mac and cheese into a casserole dish
- Serve and enjoy!
Directions: Steak Tips
- Brush grill to clean
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Place grilling mat down
- Cook steaks 7 minutes on each side or until your desired wellness
- Serve + enjoy!
For more ways to cook steak tips see the Avon Prime Meats recipe guide
Yum! It’s almost winter here in Connecticut and we will be using our grill until the first snow storm, it makes cooking so much easier and typically leaves less clean up! This meal is family friendly and takes about 30 minutes to prepare! Super quick and easy for any night of the week. If you try this recipe be sure to tag me so I can see your creations! @northdetail + #northdetailcooks on Instagram!
Thank you so much to Avon Prime Meats for sharing some ingredients for this post. This post was created in collaboration with Avon Prime Meats, however all opinions and ideas are my own.