This is a super simple, SUPER yummy Maple Chex Mix recipe - a perfect party appetizer! I made it this past weekend for a Halloween party, it was too delicious not to share!
A few extra tips: 1. Use gluten free pretzels to make this gluten free! 2. You can make this for any holiday or any season by using seasonal candy or spices!
- 1 box Rice Chex
- 1 box Corn Chex
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts
- 3 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1 stick butter
- 4 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a big high-side baking pan, mix together the Chex, and pretzels - put to the side
- Preheat oven to 275 °
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat
- Once the butter is melted add in the brown sugar and maple extract, stir until combined
- Mix the butter sauce into the Chex + pretzel mix, be sure it covers all pieces
- Put in the oven + stir every 15 minutes for a total of 45 minutes
- Let cool then add the peanuts and popcorn + candy if desired.
- Serve + enjoy!