Let me just start by saying that I am no expert baker or gluten free / vegan by any means! But, I do love the idea of baking healthy, clean food for my family! I also find that creating a delicious dish, baked good, or meal brings me so much joy! So, that's the place I am coming from with this next recipe - it was created to accommodate the needs of my family, and because it was a FUN easy project. I created this recipe from scratch based on my knowledge of baking regular donuts.
Vegan / Gluten Free Donuts: Serving Size: 12 donuts
Ingredients: Vegan / Gluten Free Donuts
Ingredients: Vegan / Gluten Donut Glaze
- 4 cups powered sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Directions: Vegan / Gluten Free Donuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees + spray donut pans with coconut spray
- Soften coconut oil, let it cool
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add wet ingredients (bananas, coconut milk, coconut oil) and whisk until combined
- Sift in flour 1/2 cup at a time into the wet mixture and mix until combined, add baking powder + sugar creating the dough
- Add dough to the donut pans filling each, the dough might be crumbly - but that's ok!
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the dough looks almost golden brown
Directions: Vegan / Gluten Donut Glaze
- Soften coconut oil and add it to a medium sized mixing bowl
- Add almond milk
- Sift in powered sugar and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer
These donuts are definitely different in consistency, but by no means lacking in flavor! They are so fun and easy to make! What's your favorite kind of donut?! If you happen to replicate this recipe be sure to tag @northdetail + #northdetailcooks! Enjoy!
I linked some of my favorite ingredients and cooking tools, through my affiliate links! They are great products and I would highly recommend them!